- If possible, avoid using ATMs during hours of darkness. If you must do so, Try to have another person accompany you.
- If an ATM facility must be used at night, try to select one in an area that is well lighted
- When possible, try to choose an ATM that has limited foliage and is well trafficked
- Thoroughly observe the area around the ATM
- Be cautions of anyone who engages you in conversation as you approach the ATM, while you are using it or immediately thereafter
- Be suspicious of anyone who closely observes you while you are using the ATM: Protect your PIN from view
- Spend as little time at the ATM as possible
- Don’t count or needlessly expose cash at the ATM
- Don’t leave your receipt at the ATM
- Don’t reveal your PIN to anyone in person or over the telephone for any reason, even if the individual represents him or herself as a bank employee.